Friday, March 11, 2011

What's An Oreo Without The Icing?

Have you ever just felt confused and like no one can ever relate to you no matter what you say or how you say it? Like you're alone? Like you're empty? Like you're just floating in space, waiting for someone to care about you. Waiting for someone to care. Waiting for someone to listen, not just nod and smile. Waiting to be heard. Waiting to be felt.

Yeah; me too.

Here's the thing- we're never, never, never alone. How great is that? I mean, really. Think about it. Think about the fact that there is always someone there for you. That there will always be a listener. And you know the greatest part? He can't even nod and smile- because you can't even see Him. He's all ears. How awesome is that?

God made us all pretty unique. But he is in every single cell comprising every little bit of who we are. Want proof? Try to stick with me for a minute.

I'm not biologist. By any scheme of my imagination. In fact, I haven't touched anything related to biology in three years. But I get this. Okay....so there's this thing called Laminin. It's this protein necessary in human (and most mammal) life. It hold us together. Did you not read that right? It holds us together. It's the glue in our paper mache make up. It's the icing on the Oreo. It's the grout in the tile. Our cells wouldn't stick together without it. We wouldn't survive without the millions of tiny, little Laminin in our bodies.

Maybe you'll learn better from visuals. I'm learning about educational philosophy in one of my classes, so I'll be generous, I'll put a picture of Laminin on here so you can see it. So you can picture it. I'll even put two pictures!





Are you seeing this right now?! This is what holds us together! I guess the Bible doesn't lie: "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."-Colossians 1:17

I just don't understand how people don't get this. God is always there for you! Even when you feel like no one else is. Cling to him. Because He is clinging to you. Literally. Let Him hold you together. Because he is holding you together. Literally. I've been low before, I've felt this emptiness, this blank feeling that I can't even think of things to fill with. So I've tried, I've added things to my life just because I think they'll work. Nope. God works. Really works. Turn to Him. 

Let Him rescue you. 

Love you! 


2 comments:

  1. hey olivia, i really liked this one! i learned about laminin in bio but i guess i never really paid attention to the structure so thanks for this!! thats awesome. proof that God is in us/ with us all the time.

    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who you are...but I love this post! I have a blog of my own! God is doing great things through your writing! Have a great day!


    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete